|FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only (more information)
“Very good overview of the legal intricacies of ISDA & OTC derivatives documentation”
COO, Deutsche Bank
“It is insightful and practical!”
Inhouse Counsel, SK Energy
We in association with Schuyler K Henderson, have organised this highly successful course on the legal concepts in derivatives and the documentation of derivatives transactions using the ISDA® Master Agreement.
"Derivatives Documentation School" is presented in a modular format. You are recommended to attend full modules or you can contact us at email@example.com to book separate modules (required to book at least two days).
Swaps and derivatives have become more and more complex every year, anled have come under close regulatory scrutiny. Products such as credit derivatives and equity derivatives and the use of derivatives in financing structures pose particularly interesting and significant issues. New laws and regulations are changing the practices and conventions of the OTC derivatives market. The advanced modules of this course focus on these issues and are specifically designed for delegates who have mastered the basic issues but are facing the challenges of these new and complicated applications. As the range of users and applications of swaps and derivatives increase, so the legal and documentation problems become more difficult and require ever-more sophisticated techniques.
This 5-day School fully explains the legal aspects of swaps and derivatives and derivatives in structured financing. You will gain a complete understanding of the key legal issues in swap documentation, and in particular the important problems of default, insolvency and enforcement.
Summary of course content
- Gain essential hands on experience of documenting swaps and other derivatives
- Perform intensive and objective analysis of 1992 and 2002 ISDA® Master Agreements, 2002 ISDA® equity derivatives definitions and 2003 ISDA® credit derivatives definitions, and related master
- Protect your organisation against potential problem areas such as default, capacity, insolvency, inforcement, regulation and tax
- Learn to structure agreement “fixes” to ISDA® Agreements
- Understand the principles of derivatives in structured financings
- Learn about new credit derivative developments: Determination Committees and Auctions
- Learn about prime brokers, central counterparties and the new derivatives regime in the US and Europe
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
Please note that this course is only eligible for FTS Funding when registering for all modules.
- US$3,850/person for any two days
- US$4,990/person for any three days
- US$6,150/person for any four days
- US$6,800/person for all five days
ISDA® is a registered trademark of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association