The Women in Leadership course has been designed to help successful women develop their capacity for leadership. In 4 days you will:
- Know who you are as a leader and how you can build an incredible team around you
- Exude executive presence and create a memorable impact wherever you go
- Know the truth about women leaders and debunk the myths
- Balance your work with all the other great things in your life
- Handle your time and energy with a ‘bounce-back’ resilience
- Develop your personal brand of leadership
- Imprint your organisation’s culture with clearly held values and a compelling vision
- Be a respected role model for other women
- Recognise and own your true power
- Have strategies to counteract political activity and be influential
- Deliver inspiring presentations
- Have a clear plan for taking your leadership to the next level
Why you should attend this course
This is more than a course, it is an amazing experience. Why? Because you will be part of a supportive community of extraordinary women who have made it to senior positions in their organisations and are still going strong. This is a place to exchange experiences and share the challenges you face: a place to learn together and grow in stature as recognised leaders in your working environment.
We will address key leadership issues from the special perspective of being a woman in what has traditionally been a man’s world. Women are finding increasing acceptance in leadership roles as their contribution is more widely recognised and their skills of working as inclusive, collaborative colleagues is appreciated. We will be accelerating this process by identifying your special leadership qualities and building your confidence and skill in expressing those in the workplace.
This course is designed by women for women. It’s not about feminism - it is about taking our place as women leaders alongside the men as equal colleagues and being a role model for other women on the journey.
This is a highly participative course. We have converted leadership theory into practical exercises and activities that personalise your learning in the moment. Expect to be actively engaged throughout. The focus is on the reality of your current situation and how you would like it to progress (or even transform!) so we ask you to bring a few ‘live issues’ that you are dealing with at the time of the course. These might be inter-personal or strategic - we will be addressing both. Everything that we do is underpinned by academic research but we won’t be doing a lot of lecturing - quite the contrary: the time is dedicated to providing opportunities that will foster your personal development as a leader.
Each day has a special theme starting with you as an individual (Day 1) then moving on to you as a woman in a leadership role (Day 2) to your leadership impact (Day 3) and your communication strategy, skills and style (Day 4).
We will be working into the early evening on days 1 and 2 with dynamic workshops on leadership presence and personal branding until 7.30 pm. On days 3 and 4 we close at 5.30 pm. There is some pre-work: completion of an on-line questionnaire on your special ‘gifts’ as a leader; identification of some live issues that you are happy to discuss in the confidentiality of the course; and a topic that you need to present to an audience within or outside your organisation. There will also be some optional preparation - some reading/video material produced by the Course Director.