This intensive programme covers the rationale for deploying a Global Transaction Banking services offering to corporate clients. It outlines how Transaction Banking allows you to derive recurring revenues year-after-year and secure an anchoring grip on clients, so further new net revenues can be realised from these clients.
How will this course assist you:
This interactive course will cover everything you need to know about:
- Establishing and developing Global Transaction Banking services for your chosen market
- Key component parts of a successful Transaction Banking offering
- Focusing on day-to-day recurring Transaction services to satisfy a Corporate Treasurer’s banking requirements
- Positioning the bank to gain and expand market share within the bank’s target market
- To grow the bank and ensure Global Transaction services offered are meeting customers’ “wants and needs”.
In order to focus concentration, the emphasis is on detailed individual sessions with regular breaks. Each day begins with a quick review and summary, in order to refresh knowledge and to promote an absorbent state of mind amongst the delegates.
The Course starts with an Introduction to Global Transaction Banking, outlining the core components of a comprehensive Gobal Transaction Banking services offering. It highlights why Global Transaction Banking is critical in anchoring corporate clients in order to secure ongoing and future revenue streams for the Bank. We take a look at the competitive transaction banking landscape and at the array of proucts and services offerd by best-in-class banks. Next we review the Organisation and Role of the Corporate Treasury, so that we have a common understanding of what transaction services corporates require and so we can meet their banking needs. We also take a closer look at Market Insights and Trends - from a Client’s Perspective. This will ensure the Bank’s products and services are always aligned with customer demand and ready to adapt in an agile manner to future trends.
The following 2 sessions will provide an overview of Banking Relationships with corporates and look at various ways to enhance and cement the relationship through the offering of relevant Transaction Services. We review revenue types, fees, etc. in order to apply a pricing mechanism that works for corporate clients and that suits the requirements of the Bank.
We take a closer look at Working Capital Management as one of the main purposes of Gobal Transaction Banking is to satisfy customenrs’ need in this area. Understanding the detailed requirements in terms of funding and transaction types allos us to articulate Credit Serices and Funding the Bank may want to offer.
Importantly, we also address Business Process Re-engineering in order to align various areas under Wholesale Banking. This will becovered in 2 sessions that elaborate on the approach to re-engineering existing processes and making these aligned to new market requirements so that the Bank’s offerings are future-proof and aligned with current trends and developments.
A corporate treasury department nowadays heavily relies on information technology and electronic communications with the outside world. It is said that ”Information about a payment becomes as important as the payment itself”. To that effect, we will take a closer look at the typical IT Environment for the Corporate Treasury, so we understand the working environment of our clients and their expectations in terms of information technology and Channels for interaction with the Bank.
Next, we examine in detail the core components of Global Transaction Banking:
- The Payments Business
- Cash Management in Practice
- Cash Management Structures
- Liquidity Management Solutions
- Trade and Supply Chain Finance
We round off the course with an overview of Risk Management Considerations, in order to raise awareness of various risks plus Regulatory, or Compliance requirements linked to providing transaction banking services.
This intermediate to advanced level learning program is intended to (1) provide Bank Staff with knowledge and skills of the key concepts, principles, procedures and processes of Global Transaction Banking and (2) update the internationally-recognised best practices in these areas.
These topics will be examined in the context of recent market developments and the current financial environment. Training will be a mixture of instructor-led sessions, interactive exercises and case studies with delegate participation.
- After the workshop, the participants will be able to better understand:
- Content and scope of Global Transaction Banking
- Key components of the Transaction Banking business
- Available banking services and products to satisfy the transaction banking needs of corporate clients
- Techniques for cash and liquidity management, including cash flow projection for short-term and long-term planning and funding
- Best practices in day-to-day payments and cash management solutions for corporates
- Typical Trade and Supply Chain services for corporate clients
- Related risk management and implications for the transaction banking business
- Suitable Transaction Banking products and services that best-in-class banks offer their Global Transaction Banking clients base.