A 5-day practical programme with case studies and integrated cash flow modelling for analysts, investors, financiers, developers and advisors.
- Property performance measurement and analysis
- Evidence of cycles in property markets
- Developing cash flow models
- Investors' approach to different types of property vehicle
- Core vs. developing vs. emerging markets
- Sector analysis: office vs. retail vs. leisure
- Calculating EVA and residual income
- Corporate finance decisions and real estate
- Lease/buy leaseback/structured leaseback decisions
- Single asset returns in a portfolio context
- Tactical and strategic asset allocation
- Impact of gearing and debt finance
This course is aimed at people with several years' real estate development strategy or finance/investment experience. The course puts participants on a steep learning curve, hence the fundamentals of each subject will be covered rapidly before moving onto more complex areas.
Delegates are required to bring their own laptop equipped with Excel 2007 or above and USB port.
Real Estate continues to attract the attention of funds, banks, corporates and investors looking for diversification and liability matching. However, cross border investment and financing brings risks as well as opportunities. This advanced programme is designed as an integrated series of modules which will increase participants’ understanding of today’s complex and sophisticated process of real estate investment and finance. In addition to expert course tuition, delegates will benefit from a collegial atmosphere, with networking and information-sharing a valuable part of the course.
The programme’s main objective is to give a thorough understanding of the most popular financing and investing structures, as well as the latest thinking in analytical techniques, in a changing capital markets context. Participants will consider frameworks for decision rules on major capital expenditure commitments in public and private real estate markets, both at the asset and portfolio level.
The recognition and analysis of risk will be a component part of the programme. The programme covers many techniques and tools that can be applied to dealing with and resolving practical, everyday problems. An intermediate level programme covering:
- Investment cash flow analysis
- Public and private real estate vehicles
- Debt and equity securitisation and investment strategy
- Corporate real estate finance and structured leasebacks
- Risk analysis, simulation and real options pricing
- Putting investment into a portfolio context
- Use of debt in a real estate investment context