|FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only (more information)
This new 5-day course provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the global financial markets and their role in the World’s economy. The relationship between the real economy and financial markets is explored, including the role of financial intermediaries in facilitating international capital and money flows. Full coverage of fundamental financial mathematics is provided from first principles to enable delegates to model securities prices and to carry out sensitivity analysis of prices to key risk factors. Through case studies and practical, hands-on exercises, delegates will gain knowledge and experience of the mechanisms underpinning the functioning of the financial system and an understanding of the key factors underlying risks and returns in securities markets and portfolios. The programme offers a 360⁰ view of financial markets from the perspectives of issuers and borrowers, investors, traders and regulators. The course covers all traditional securities and derivatives markets as well as providing insights into the latest innovations in financial products such as credit derivatives and exchange traded funds and their impact on the structure of financial markets. Through detailed case study analyses, delegates will gain a deep understanding of some of the principal weaknesses within financial markets which have resulted in the system being undermined and the difficulties facing regulators in maintaining confidence in the system.
- How inter-related global financial markets serve the real economy
- Effect of macroeconomic fundamentals and geo-political events on capital markets
- The role of participants in global securities and money markets
- Contemporary dynamics in currency markets
- How the rise of shadow banking and investors’ hunt for yield has impacted debt markets
- The role of derivative markets in risk management and speculation
- Market dynamics in the short run: Technical analysis and its impact on the market
- Alternative investment type and the principal vehicles used
- Practical market analysis tools for traders, investors and regulators
- Global financial system strengths and weaknesses and recent innovations
As with all training courses, this programme makes use of case studies and exercises to ensure that you leave the course, ready to apply your new knowledge.
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees subject to all eligibility criteria being met and to a cap of S$2,000/participant/programme. Please contact us or visit www.ibf.org.sg for more information.