FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only (more information)
"Very good! It exceeded my expectations"
Partner, Corporate, Mayer Brown JSM
"Interesting topic, useful and beneficial training programme"
AVP, Equity Capital Markets, CIMB
Private Equity School (5 Day)
This course is made up of three separately bookable modules.
To register on the full 5 Day Private Equity School, please select 'Register' and follow the registration process. If you would like to register on an individual Module, please select your desired module below and follow the registration process on this product page.
Module 1: Traditional Private Equity: Leveraged Transactions (Private Equity School)
Module 2: Real Assets & Infrastructure Private Equity (Private Equity School)
Module 3: Mezzanine Private Equity & Growth Equity (Private Equity School)
Please note we cannot process multiple module registrations online. If you wish to attend more than one Module but not the whole 5-day course, then please download a PDF and either fax this back to us on +852 2866 7340 or email a scanned copy to email@example.com. You can also email us your registration details and one of our account managers will register your place for you.
Alternative assets (AA) have attracted a considerable amount of attention and enthusiasm for their performance, diversification effects, and growth of assets under management (AUM). Among various alternative asset classes, traditional leveraged private equity and mezzanine finance share numerous characteristics – illiquidity, long-term horizons, and potential for high levels of returns. Infrastructure private equity and real asset investment add diversification plus inflation protection. All these areas can utilise leverage in acquiring the underlying assets.
This school provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of these "illiquid" alternative asset classes. It will:
- Examine the role of traditional PE, real assets and infrastructure PE, private mezzanine financing (PMF), and growth equity in the portfolio
- Analyse representative transactions and assess the attractiveness of potential transactions in different transaction contexts
- Illustrate common types and identify classic sources of traditional PE, real assets, infrastructure, PMF and growth equity transactions
- Examine entry valuation methodologies, including forecasting and modelling
- Demonstrate how to structure and fund deals
- Demonstrate how to generate returns through opportunistic entry, improved fundamental performance post-acquisition, use of leverage and performance incentives, and timely exit
- Profile sources of financing for transactions of different asset classes
- Examine funds flows and asset ownership changes associated with different products
- Demonstrate classic post-acquisition operational improvements, such as more disciplined capital spending, reductions in working capital, and performance-related compensation
- Profile key due diligence issues, including HR due diligence
- Review exist alternatives, including leveraged recaps, IPOs, and trade sales to a strategic buyers
Attendees will see private equity from the standpoint of both:
- The buy-side, i.e. investors with capital looking to commit it to uncorrelated, historically higher-return, but illiquid investments
- The sell-side, i.e. intermediaries assisting in the structuring and financing of private equity transactions
The course will include the analysis of several private equity deals and leveraged buyouts, including a series of Asian transactions. A Socratic approach, with active participation and exercises, will be used.
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants' business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
Please note that this course is only eligible for FTS Funding when registering for all modules.