|FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only (more information)
Course overviewPortfolio performance measurement is the quality control element of the investment decision process. It provides the necessary information to enable asset managers and clients to assess exactly how their money has been invested and the results of the process. Performance measurement is a core part of the decision process providing essential information to several key stakeholders.
Performance return attribution is defined as quantifying the excess returns of the active decisions of the investment management process. In recent years the developments in performance measurement, standards, risk and attribution (particularly Fixed Income Attribution) have accelerated considerably. This course brings all analysts, investors, risk managers and other stakeholders up to date with current developments.
Summary of course content
- Understand the concept of performance measurement
- Learn the different ways to derive returns (and why the results can vary)
- Understand how cashflows affect returns
- Analyse the principles of benchmarking
- Ascertain why risk measurement and management are important and what the measures mean
- Discern the role of attribution, the challenges in getting it right, and how it should be used
- Understand the differences and difficulties of fixed income attribution
- Learn the status and application of the different international performance measurement standards
You should have a basic knowledge of Excel and are likely to have a basic working knowledge of the asset management industry and the main asset classes.
You will receive comprehensive course notes as well as copies of the Excel spreadsheet exercises for use after the course.
Computer Based Excercises
Delegates are required to bring their laptops to facilitate in-class studies and exercises.
Who should attend this training course?
- Pension fund trustees
- Portfolio managers
- Senior management
- Performance measurers
- Risk controllers
- Compliance staff
- Sales and marketing staff and operations staff
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.