We have designed this course outline for anyone with an element of payments, eCommerce or transaction banking as part of their roles - from operations to risk, to product and front office go-to-market, or digital strategy. Each workshop is interspersed with practical exercises and case studies to bring the learning to life.
In order to maintain concentration for the audience, the emphasis is on focused sessions and regular quick breaks. Each day begins with a quiz in order to refresh knowledge and to promote an absorbent state of mind amongst the delegates. Interaction with the audience is welcomed in order to ensure any specific requirements, queries or open issues are correctly addressed at the right level.
This course will (1) provide delegates with knowledge and skills of the key concepts, principles and procedures and processes of mobile payments and related applications, plus (2) provide an update of the internationally-recognised best practices in these areas to-date. Throughout the course, due attention is continuously placed on Business Development opportunities and Commercial considerations that these mobile banking and payment applications can yield for banks.
These topics will be examined in the context of present market economics and new developments in financial services covering mobile payments. Training will be a mixture of instructor-led sessions, interactive exercises, strategy and case study reviews for go-to-market.
The main objectives of this course are to:
- Equip attendees to understand the benefits and advantages to use mobile banking and payments applications and solutions
- Identify market opportunities to deploy banks’ mobile payment capabilities plus related technologies and opportunities
- Apply a rigorous approach to the identification of risks in client propositions or on-boarding, assess nature and acceptability as these matters are often forming a bone of contention between business developers and risk approvers
- Attempt to coordinate and align banks’ overall commercial strategy with the digital economy and eCommerce
- Form a commercial consensus over banks’ business and risk imperatives. Even more value will be added when we introduce some local context and opportunities in our discussions. It will provide attendees familiar context and ease the process of embedding key learnings.
- The workshop will be amply supplemented with real-life case studies
After the workshop, participants will be able to better understand:
- Opportunities for mobile payments and how to ‘hook’ customers to use the banks’ transaction banking and payments solutions
- Global trends and initiatives for better mobile payment adoption
- User experience requirements of consumer, retail and corporate banking
- ‘Needs and wants’ of transactionally advanced companies
- Handling international transactions for Corporates and SME’s
- Collaboration models with other market players
- Best practices in mobile payments and transaction banking
- Identity protection and information security best practices
- Related risk management and commercial considerations
- Formulation of new client propositions for mobile payments, offering a richer and better user experience to clients in order to improve ‘stickiness’ of clients