|FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only more information
What does the future hold for the fixed income and currency asset classes? Where do you invest to maximise your clients’ porfolios? As a result of the GFC, the Asian fixed income market grew substantially in capitalisation size and in coverage (geographic and industry). In addition to learning specifically about this distinct asset class and other industry updates, you will also gain an in-depth understanding of best practice fixed income and currency portfolio management techniques and how they can be used to deliver sustainable returns and to manage risk. The course combines interpretation of key market pricing and risk data with the implementation of effective investment strategies to maximise risk-adjusted returns over the long term. The primary focus is to enable delegates to understand how to create an effective portfolio management strategy as well as to manage the day to day risk exposures and to maximise return.
Particular emphasis is placed on the dynamics and inter-relationships within global bond and currency markets and how these affect the optimal construction of portfolios, particularly where constraints exist in terms of return targets and mandate restrictions.
The importance of movements in foreign exchange markets cannot be underestimated in the context of portfolio return generation and risk management. This programme provides delegates with key insights into the fundamental structure of global currency markets.
It also covers derivatives and structured bond products and their role in contemporary bond portfolio management, thereby enabling participants to determine their suitability to achieve required returns, generate sustainable cash flows and manage risk.
Attend this highly practical 5-day training course and learn best practice investment strategies and analysis in order to:
- Get an up-to-date picture of the global bond and currency markets and understand how macroeconomic events impact these markets
- Implement effective investment strategies and select the most suitable management style to meet fund objectives
- Understand and interpret key data relating to bond markets, including hands-on exercises in using key bond pricing and risk metrics
- Understand the key factors driving FX rate movements
- Most effectively use interest rate and FX derivatives
- Better understand credit analysis techniques and relative pricing metrics
- Use structured bond products to achieve required risk and return outcomes
- Plus: Enhance your practical skills with computer-based simulations and workshop case studies on bond pricing, optimal portfolio construction and risk analysis
- All delegates should bring their laptops to facilitate in-class studies and exercises.
- Take Away Simulation Software
- Delegates will each receive copies of all bond and currency pricing, risk analysis and portfolio optimisation models for their own use after the course.
The training consists of classroom-based teaching combined with computer-based simulations and exercises, using a range of spreadsheet-based software.
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants' business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.