The aim of the workshop is to provide those working in the regulation and supervision of financial entities with the skills to properly prepare for, conduct and present the findings of supervisory interviews. This includes obtaining the information from interviews with regulated entities, identifying issues and risks arising, and knowing how to deal with that information once they get it.
The course is very interactive, giving participants real life scenarios of interview situations and how they can gain control during sometimes challenging moments.
Aims and Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the issues and potential risks they need to focus on in the interview
- Design suitable interview strategies
- Prepare and design suitable questions for the interview
- Extract the right information to identify risks
- Listen more actively and accurately
- Recognise relevant information that arises during the interview
- React to that information and be able to deviate from the prepared list of questions
- Challenge appropriately and probe to get the information required
- Manage and control the interview process
- Deal with difficult interviewees, i.e. conflict, aggression, passivity;
- Read and recognise body language and tone
- Work as part of an interview team
We will work closely with your organisation to create highly customised case studies and role plays using real life scenarios and situations that are typical to participants on the course. This will lift the workshop from an “interesting” session to a practical and relevant learning experience with tangible outcomes participants can use back in the workplace. They will gain the confidence in the safe environment of the classroom to go on and implement the skills with their colleagues straight away.