In most organisations today, the support teams (be they Finance, HR, Ops, Risk, Legal or IT) are taking on much more of an advisory role to their internal “clients.” They are required to help internal stakeholders achieve their strategic goals and they must influence them to execute in a certain direction. This interactive two-day workshop gives those attending the key skills on how to win trust, build relationships and assist execution in line with organisational strategy.
The first part of Day One looks at how participants as internal advisors can win credibility and manage their visibility. In the afternoon of Day One they will learn how to run an effective consultative meeting that allows the advisor to get to root cause issues.
On Day Two, they will receive advice on how to win ownership from their colleagues and how to present back challenging information. Managing conflict positively will be a key part of Day Two.
On both days there will be a major case simulation that will allow delegates to practise their skills.
Aims and Objectives
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Advise others with confidence
- Use their communication skills to effectively persuade and engage
- Build rapport
- Build positive relationships
- Effectively lead in a matrix / stakeholder environment
- Align various stakeholders around corporate objectives
- Create a stakeholder map to create more effective execution
- Set expectations and deal with ambiguity
- Run a consultative meeting that gets to root cause issues
- Deliver an action plan with confidence
- Deal positively with push back
- Create ownership and assist execution amongst stakeholders
We would work closely with your organisation to create highly customised case studies and role plays using real life scenarios and situations that are typical to participants on the course. This will lift the workshop from an “interesting” session to a practical and relevant learning experience with tangible outcomes participants can use back in the workplace. They will gain the confidence in the safe environment of the classroom to go on and implement the skills with their colleagues straight away.