|FTS Eligible - Financial Training Scheme for Singaporean citizens and PRs only (more information)
This course represents module 1 of School of Derivatives (Modular Course)
Summary of course content
- How and why are derivatives used in practice?
- The difference between exchange-traded and OTC derivatives?
- Clearing procedures for exchange-traded derivatives
- Understanding the principal money market derivatives and how they are used to manage interest rate risk
- Swaps and how banks and other institutions use them
- Prima on options and their application in the management of FX risk
- How derivatives are embedded in common structures to provide investors with attractive risk/reward profiles
This modular course uses interactive lectures, worked examples and real-world case studies showing in detail how the products are used and why. It shows the products in a highly practical way, without over-complication, with clear illustrations of each so that you may readily understand them and the role the bank plays.
You can attend both modules of this School of Derivatives to enjoy most benefit or pick from the following modules.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Derivatives (School of Derivatives)
Module 2: Bank Applications of Derivatives (School of Derivatives)
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants' business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
Please note that this course is only eligible for FTS Funding when registering for all modules.