Learn how to deliver better banking products that meet customer requirements profitably, are within risk appetite but do not create undue exposure to regulatory censure or reputational damage.
This three-day course provides participants with the knowledge and means to deliver better products by anticipating, mitigating and managing product risks. This will be done through exploring in detail the end-to-end product development process, using real life examples and case studies, as well as discussing the theoretical underpinnings of product risk identification, measurement, mitigation and management. Participants will be provided with a variety of best practice product risk management tools and techniques that can be used to enhance the product development process and on-going product risk management.
Attend this course and learn :
- What products are and why they are different in the financial services industry
- Why weak product development processes and controls cost bank billions
- How business and risk management has responded and what more needs to be done
- About product and risk types, customer types and the product lifecycle
- What best practice product risk management looks like
- Tools and techniques to help identify, quantify, assess, manage and mitigate product risks
- How to enhance the end-to-end product development and implementation process
It would be helpful if participants had an understanding of the product development and management processes for their own organisation but this is not essential.
This course is designed for:
- Chief Risk Officers
- Risk Function Heads
- Senior Business Heads
- Senior Risk Managers/Analysts
- Senior Product Managers
- Senior Audit Managers
Note – this course is equally applicable to staff in Wholesale, Corporate or Retail business and operations roles. It is also applicable for staff working in any risk discipline including those in credit, operational and market risk roles.