The course is based on case studies and model building and covers all the practical aspects of the major corporate finance activities including:
Day 1: Valuation by WACC and by multiples
Day 2: M&A Structuring, synergies, due diligence and pro forma analysis
Day 3: Highly Leveraged Transactions: LBOs
Day 4: IPO Marketing and Underwriting
Day 5: Restructuring in Financial Distress
The course is built around actual case studies illustrating current practices including:
- BA/Iberia merger;
- Marathon corporate restructuring; Tommy Hilfiger LBO;
- Phelps Dodge M&A valuation; Royal Bank of Scotland; Allianz;
- Real estate company and Islamic Finance case;
- and many others.
The case study work will include team based negotiation and excel modelling (using spreadsheets supplied).
The course is delivered by Paul Richards, who has substantial banking expertise and experience of delivering courses in finance to banks and financial institutions all over the world. He has also taught MBAs and Masters in Finance students in leading UK business schools.
The course delivers in-depth exposure to all the main corporate finance disciplines including valuation, M&A and acquisition financing, LBOs and debt restructuring as well as the associated model-building.
This course is ideally suited for:
- The course is delivered by means of a combination of short lecture session followed by practical case studies some of which involve using excel models.
- The sessions are highly interactive and questions and attendee participation is encouraged.
- Case study work also involves negotiation which is undertaken in small groups.
- The concepts taught, the exercises and the case studies are designed to be of practical benefit to attendees and are immediately usable in the workplace
About The BIBF
The BIBF plays a vital role in the training and development of human capital in the Middle East and North Africa. Their commitment to excellence has strengthened their position as the leading educational provider across all major business disciplines.
They serve as a partner to numerous world-class institutions; delivering thought leadership, assessment and training in the areas of Banking, Accounting & Finance, Assessment & Development, English & Business Communication, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Interpersonal Skills, Islamic Finance, Leadership & Management, Marketing, Sales & PR, and Project Management.