- Why is blockchain so important? Benefits and pitfalls considered
- How is blockchain used? High level case studies
How organisations work and examples
- Front to back - business process flows & making money - goods & services
- Technology architecture - centralised vs. distributed
- Banking and payments infrastructure
- Central banking, correspondent banking, commercial banking, investment banking
- Alternative finance frameworks
- What is the interaction between organisations?
- Supply and purchase
THE EMERGENCE OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES (AND THE BLOCKCHAIN)
- What is money and how does it acquire value?
- The advent of the internet and the case for digital money
- How central banks work within the broader economy
History of Cryptocurrencies
- The world pre-bitcoin
- Bitcoin and why study it?
- The emergence of blockchain from Bitcoin - the BoE paper
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Today - Intro - Exchanges - CryptoCompare
- The concept of a blockchain - multiple blockchains
- What other blockchain, cryptocurrency platforms are there and what do they do?
- Current examples and their application
High Level - How blockchains (and cryptocurrencies) work?
- Simple explanation
- The challenge of digital money issues related to the sending and receiving of money online
- The relationship between blockchain and cryptocurrency - separable
- Enterprise Grade - Public and Private Blockchains - High Level Use Cases
Key Technical Components
Part 1 - Cryptography - The Basics
- Digital signing
- Public key encryption
- Hashing (importance of)
- The concept of identity
- Example basic currencies
[PRACTICAL EXERCISES Understanding Wallets, Sending and Receiving Bitcoin]
Part 2 - Building the Blockchain
- Centralised and decentralised networks
- Consensus (and relationship to identity)
- Consensus algorithms
- Building a blockchain - looking at a blockchain working
- Rewarding participation - the need for a currency; private vs. public
Part 3 - Using a Blockchain
- Creating a currency
- The synergy between a blockchain and cryptocurrency (and why is this beneficial)
- Smart contracts
- A Bitcoin transaction and transaction fees
Part 4 - The Community and Governance
- The DAO and Ethereum story
- Technology governance
- Regulatory and central banking perspectives
- Government perspectives
Part 5 - Regulation and the Law
- Legitimacy - what the law says
- Tax Treatment
- Money Laundering
- New Yorks BitLicense
Part 6 - Application
- Disrupting your business model
- Commercial perspectives - how do you engage a blockchain company?
- What are the economics of issuing a cryptocurrency?
- The broader narrative - whats happening in blockchain?
- Core technology components
- Trust fabrics - hashing and Anti-Money Laundering solutions
- Cryptocurrencies as utility vectors
- Smart contracts
Whats happening in the real world?
- Trust fabrics
- Blockchain providers
- Clever crypto solutions and platforms
- Cryptocurrency features
The Relevance of Blockchain to Your Own Organisation
- Workshop sessions - how could this work for you as an organisation?
- Applying Blockchain Across Multiple Organisations
- Recap on context
- Opportunity assessment
- Proof of concept
- Building a community of critical mass
- Blockchain broker
Where next for blockchain technology?
- Vision and opportunities