"Well organised" "Best trainer I ever had!'"
Vice President, Agri Commodities, ABN AMRO
"Excellent content. Brilliant instructor with enormous knowledge of subject. Very comprehensive, I Iearnt a lot"
Regional Manager, Commercial Banking, Fidelity Bank
This course covers all aspects of international trade and commodity finance from a practical viewpoint. Heavy emphasis is placed upon risk assessment and problem solving techniques, through a clear understanding of a customer's trade cycle. Whilst each of the banking products is dealt with in detail, great attention is paid to the effective and appropriate use of these mechanisms in meeting the customer's needs, with a view to generating remunerative and controllable business for the bank and the customer. The course is highly interactive and centres around the use of a variety of case studies, mostly based upon live files.
How this course will assist you?
By attending this interactive and highly practical 5–day training course you will learn best practices for:
- Structuring successful trade deals and getting them approved.
- Understanding all contractual obligations in trade finance.
- Mastering facility and back-to-back structures.
- Supporting the exporter: guarantees and forfeiting including the legal aspects.
- Learning the structures, products, developments and risk management in commodity trade finance.
- Managing the recent regulatory developments affecting trade finance.
Who should attend?
- Trade, Export, Commodity Finance Executives
- Import, Export Managers
- Corporate Relationship Managers
- Staff within Credit and Risk Management Functions
- Relationship Managers within Financial Institutions
- Senior Operations Personnel