The business of oil and gas is multifaceted, technically complex, highly capital intensive and often confronted with potential risks and uncertainties. The business of crude oil, natural gas and LNG is impacted by global events, world-wide supply & demand depended, and therefore truly international. Today’s oil companies’ are dealing with ever increasing levels of complexity and competition. The innovative technologies in the recovery of oil and gas are also changing the landscape of petroleum industry. Integration of refining and petrochemicals to achieve greater efficiencies is yet another critical factor in the business. Managing international supplies, refining and trading of oil require several cross-functional skills. The continued low price scenario signals the survival of the fittest in the industry. To achieve maximum effectiveness, managers and professionals must continually expand their business knowledge and sharpen their skills. This programme is specifically designed to provide such business acumen using case studies, technical videos, and interactive participation. In this programme you will study:
- The basics of oil and gas exploration, production, and its recovery economics to fully understand this global business that fuels the global economy.
- Fundamentals of oil economics and of crude oil transportation.
- Basic Refinery operations, economics and the environmental aspects
- Basic Principles in crude oil pricing and overview of crude oil and refined products markets.
- Essential elements in crude oil and refined products sales contracts
- The essential concepts and business practices of the international oil supply, transportation, refining, and trade in oil and gas industry.
- Supply logistics - major international pipelines, shipping routes, and choke points.
- It seamlessly covers the wide-array of critical business functions, processes, and appropriately deals with the business practices and tactics to build the necessary business acumen.
- Gain broad perspective of global oil business, supply, transportation, refining & trading
- Boost your understanding of the fundaments of oil business: quality, blending & valuation of oil for trade, freight and netback calculation & refinery margins calculations, vessel chartering, pipelines & terminals, etc.
- Master the Total barrel economics, Oil market futures, hedging and futures, and price management considerations
- Evaluate the technical, commercial, legal, safety and environmental aspects of oil business
- Confidently discuss the technical terms, concepts and buzzwords with your peers and clients
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the programme through the use of programme materials, case study exercises, quizzes, training videos and discussion of business cases issues in their organizations.
This 5-Day accelerated programme provides a wider management perspective of global oil business and highlights the success factors in each of its essential components. It follows the natural order of business, starting with its supply and transportation that fuels the global economy, followed by the critical refining and trading operations.
The programme provides hand-on business cases to evaluate Crude Oil Value, Netback and Refinery Margin Calculations, Price Management, Transportation Costs, Sales Contracts, Total Barrel Economics, Product Quality, Economic Value of Pipeline, etc. It simplifies through visual aids and simulation the complexity of several complex operations, such as, drilling, completion, refining, and transportation. This programme is designed to suite the wide background of delegates.
The programme effectively deals with the core issues,tactics and essential concepts of successfully running the international oil supply, transportation, refining and trading business.